Confidence: that thought in the back of your head—whether suppressed or not—that screams “I look fabulous!” Unfortunately this feeling is increasingly difficult to obtain. I’ve spent countless hours in front of the mirror questioning whether I have the self assurance to step out the door in what I’m wearing. Don’t fall victim to the dreaded mirror! Here are some steps that can help…
- If you like it—wear it! Don’t make excuses; it has a place in your closet for a reason.
- If you don’t like it—get rid of it. There is no use continuing to try that dress on over and over again, because it’s not going to change. So donate it to someone who will get use out of it.
- Don’t compare the way a certain style looks on you to the way it looks on someone else—each individual is built differently. Find what suits you and work it!
- DON’T listen to others. If you feel good in an outfit don’t let anyone else’s opinion affect that feeling!
- DO listen to others. On that same note, if there is someone you trust to be honest with you then ask them what they think. If they don’t like it, ask them if there is any way to make it better. Sometimes adding a belt, or wearing different shoes makes all the difference!
- Don’t betray your own sense of style. Learn what is you, like what is you, and ultimately wear what is you!